Tuesday, December 29, 2009

See you on the other side...

Well after all this Christmas joy and religious what nots it has me in the mood to talk about religion and what it is today. I believe we are all entitled to our beliefs whether as a communal religion, or like me, who has his own set of individual beliefs which I will share later. NO ONE should ever be judged or frowned upon because of their religious beliefs even if they have none. Someone wants to become the earth when they die? Let them become it.

All you crazy lunatics trying to persuade people into believing a single story line is true are insane, dictatorial people and you have no business making others feel uncomfortable in their beliefs. You believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. END.

Religion has become something of a dying phase in humanity and with it has brought upon a lot of good and a lot of bad. People, now, failing to see a higher power are beginning to act as such and "Not give a fuck" about older moral standards that religion used to enforce on people with the fear of going to hell. Without the belief of a capital crime such as eternal hell fire forever burning your soul's "flesh," there is no reason to fear sticking your dick in 40 different women and stealing shit from drug stores. If there is no God to judge you and in your mind its ok, than who cares? Obviously not you, you prick.

Whatever bad things may come out of the downfall of religion such as what is listed above there is also a good side. Ying and Yang moda' fuckkaaa. With the absence of a group of holy laws governing every ones every move and thought we are able to resume what we as humans are really good at. Thinking of shit. CRAZY FUCKING SHIT. Who thought of picking up a crab and eating it? SOME CRAZY FUCKING GUY. Who put agave in barrels and made liquor? SOME CRAZY ... AND DRUNK FUCKING GUY. The point is, we think of wonderful things.

How do I tie this in? Simple. What have we been told for centuries when we die. No matter what religion you study or follow they all lead to some sort of after life. We all will live another day after we die. See, religion has kept a barrier up against this subject and as a result we have not scientifically studied death and as could be expected don't really know shit about it from a scientific perspective. There has been no need as we all go to Heaven right? Well I hope so but it would be nice to know.

With the back drop of religion fading further away we will be able to take steps into the once un known realms of death and possibly make scientific conclusions about the after life... That's pushing it a little far but without a doubt we could study death and learn what happens to the body when it occurs and how to counter this from happening... LONGER LIFE duh.

Back to the first part and obviously most impactful discovery... I believe it will probably be the most monumental discovery we will make as humans is to find out what really is on the other side... Our eyes close for the last time and our heart beats the last beat... Does our mind have its last thought?... Or does it keep on thinking? Does our soul depart this mortal shell and arrive somewhere else? Is it darkness? Is it nothing? Can we feel it? Can we feel nothing forever?

So many questions so little time.

I am baptized a Catholic long before priests touched little boys so I'm sane in that regard. I still respect all in the religion but I have come to terms with myself and realized I was forcing myself to believe in something I didn't really know was true or not. That got me thinking... why would anyone want to force a bunch of people into believing that their God was this one being and this one thing who wanted you to live this way and do that, that way and so on and so forth. The God I knew to be so forgiving was also quite the control freak.

Then it hit me... Why, if there is only one God... WHY DO WE HAVE 50 DIFFERENT RELIGIONS. Are you to tell me that if the Muslims don't repent now they will all burn in Hell at the expense of my Catholic God? That's sick and more evil than a lot of shit. Ya know what I think..?

I think that religion is a self induced perception of the ideal continuing of life after death. To be told what to believe is just absurd. God to me is what I want it to be. I connect to it how I want, not how some corporate like religion wants me to. My religion is what my own dreams are. God is everything good that I do not have on this world. I use the word it because in my beliefs God does not assume a sex but rather chooses to be nothing... yet everything. A feeling of warmth. Maybe God is something so beautiful that to label it with a face is an insult. The after life to me is nothing more than like floating six feet above the ground where we are now, but not having to deal with the bull shit. God is everything. Your soul becomes part of the spiritual world and you exist only in the framework of spiritual existence. I... like God become nothing, yet everything. I see everything good. I see all I am meant to and peacefully spend my soul's life in something of an alternate universe.

That's all folks, just some food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment